Ronnie Dunn, Reba McEntire and The Oak Ridge Boys Take Tony Brown Back to His Gospel Roots
By Eryn Cooper
Legendary country music producer Tony Brown produced the Gaither Tribute album with award-winning artists honoring the songs of Bill and Gloria Gaither.
The 10-song collection was released on August 25 via Gaither Music Group with distribution by Capitol Christian Music Group and Universal Music.
New Gaither Tribute features Gaither compositions reinterpreted by artists, including Cece Winans, Alabama featuring The Oak Ridge Boys, Reba and Susie McEntire with Sonya and Becky Isaacs, Josh Turner, Jamey Johnson, Ronnie Dunn, Ronnie Milsap, Lee Ann Womack, The SteelDrivers, Hillary Scott and The Scott Family.
Tony says, “To give back to the music that I grew up with and contribute to honoring the music that got me to where I stand today is something that was an answered prayer and a full-circle moment! This was a completely dedicated effort to honor my heritage with my present success, and I am very proud of the outcome.”
The collaborative effort between various artists and Tony Brown was aimed at celebrating the legacy and impact of Bill and Gloria Gaither’s music. By creating new renditions of these classics, the artists infused their own unique styles and interpretations into the music. Southern gospel music has a rich history and has played a crucial role in shaping the broader landscape of American music.
Gaither Tribute Track List:
1. “Jesus and John Wayne” – Alabama featuring The Oak Ridge Boys
2. “He Touched Me “/ “Something Beautiful” – Reba & Susie McEntire with Sonya & Becky Isaacs
3. “Going Home” – Josh Turner
4. “It Won’t Rain Always” – Jamey Johnson
5. “Because He Lives” – Ronnie Dunn
6. “I Just Feel Like Something Good Is About to Happen” – Ronnie Milsap
7. “Gentle Shepherd” – Lee Ann Womack
8. “I Believe in a Hill Called Mount Calvary” – The SteelDrivers
9. “There’s Something About That Name” – Hillary Scott & The Scott Family
10. “The Center of My Joy” – CeCe Winans